Borrowing & Renewing
All you need to know about borrowing items from the library.
All AIT students and staff automatically become members of their campus libraries. Your college ID card is also your library membership card. You will need your card for the Issue desk, the Self Service Unit, booking a PC and to use the Group Study Rooms.
- Undergradute students can borrow 6 items at a time
- Book loans can be renewed online at https://library.ait.ie
- Long loan books can be borrowed for two weeks and short loan for one week.
- Theses and heavily used material are kept at the information desk and may be borrowed for up to 2 hours.
- Journals and reference books can only be used in the library
What happens if my books are overdue?
Fines are charged on overdue items.
- 20c per day for long loan books and €1 per day for short loan books.
- Students with overdue items on their accounts will be blocked from accessing exam results online.
Reserving items that are out on loan
Items that are out on loan can be reserved on the library website by placing a hold on the book in question. Reservations cannot be placed on items that are available.
Borrowing items from other AIT campus libraries
Items that are held in either of the AIT libraries (Main Campus Library & Health Science Library) can be borrowed by any registered library user.
Items that are not held in AIT Libraries can be obtained by using our Document Supply service. Loans from other IT Libraries are free of charge. Items held in other libraries may incur a charge. Click here for more information.