Borrowing & Renewing
All you need to know about borrowing items from the library.
All AIT students and staff automatically become members of their campus libraries. Your college ID card is also your library membership card.
- Undergradute students can borrow 6 items at a time.
- Book loans can be renewed online at https://library.ait.ie.
- Long loan books can be borrowed for two weeks and short loan for one week.
- Theses and heavily used material are kept at the information desk and may be borrowed for up to 2 hours.
- Journals and reference books can only be used in the library.
What happens if my books are overdue?
- Students with overdue items on their accounts will be blocked from accessing exam results online.
Reserving items that are out on loan
Items that are out on loan can be reserved on the library website by placing a hold on the book in question. Reservations cannot be placed on items that are available.
Items that are not held in AIT Libraries can be obtained by using our Document Supply service. Loans from other IT Libraries are free of charge. Items held in other libraries may incur a charge. Click here for more information.