Rules & Regulations
In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning and all other Library activities, AIT Library require all users to comply with the following Rules and Regulations:
- Silence must be observed at all times.
- Mobile phones must be switched off in the library.
- Eating and drinking (except for bottled water) are prohibited in the library.
- Seats may be reserved for thirty minutes only by leaving a note stating time of departure. Any place left unattended for longer may be cleared by Library staff for use by another reader. The library is not responsible for any property left unattended.
- Readers must produce their AIT student card when requested by a member of staff
- Readers should not attempt to leave the library with an item that has not been checked out on their account.
- Books being taken out of the Library must be shown to staff if requested.
- Fire exits must be kept clear at all times.
- Readers must vacate the Library and the building immediately by the nearest emergency exit when asked to do so because of an emergency or the threat of fire. The instructions of Fire Marshals must be followed.
- Institute Rules & Regulations must be adhered to at all times.